In Love with Romance

The Magician of Wall Street

The Magician of Wall Street - Minta Hall I'm bummed out about this book. The first chapter totally caught my attention, and I was really looking forward to the rest of the story, but what looked promising turned out not so much. Don't get me wrong, it's an OK story but not what I'd expected.

Oliver is supposed to be this do-as-I-say kind of guy, unbendable, always gets what he wants-- to me this means he's an Alpha (my kind of guy). Yet when he faces Abby (whom he loves) the alpha in him doesn't really come out. I get where he's coming from, and why he's holding back at some things where before he would've just said "do it" (he wants Abby back, he wants her bad), but his attitude, physical responses and other interactions left me wanting more.

Abby, on the other hand is the right kind of heroine for Oliver... She's pretty, smart, and witty.

Again,I think it is a good story line... For me, if the hero would've shown more of his do-as-I-say attitude the story would've been perfect.

Oliver Pendragon's days as the Magician of Wall Street are legendary. When he finds a way to get everything he's ever wanted—including Abby Daltry—of course he can't refuse, even though there will be hell to pay if ever Abby found out. But when he discovers his old business partner is out for Abby's blood, Oliver will do anything to protect her…and win her heart.

New Age bookstore owner Abby is perfectly happy with her life the way it is—the independence, the quirky clientele, and even the occasional tarot card reading—are all part of the charm. But when the cards reveal Oliver is back and bringing danger along with him, she refuses to heed the warning for another chance with the only man she'd ever loved.

As shots fly, the Magician will have to perform his best trick ever if he hopes to keep Abby safe and by his side forever.