In Love with Romance

Heiress Without a Cause

Heiress Without a Cause - Sara Ramsey Ferguson is the new Duke of Rothwell, and he loathes it. An unexpected turn of events lands him the dreaded title and all that comes with it. He wants to marry his sisters as expeditiously as possible, so he can be off again to do whatever he's been doing for the last decade, and as far away from London as he can possibly get. He seeks the one person he's told can help him achieve his goal in a timely manner.

Lady Madeleine is happy to settle down into spinsterhood, and the freedom she finds in it. In the eyes of the ton, she's the perfect sample of a proper lady. She knows she's not that proper, and if her secret were found out, she'd be ruined as would the rest of her family. She knows, she walks on thin ice, but she doesn't care. The thrill, the adrenaline of the freedom her secret brings her is too much the temptation to not let it go if just for another few weeks.

It really is a bother when Ferguson approaches her and asks her for help in the debut of his sisters. She figures, somehow she will have to manage things, and be a little more careful so that her secret remains intact. Well, that is a good plan until Ferguson discovers the truth behind her all-too-proper-perfect-lady-facade.

Every minute they are together the attraction between them grows. Ferguson decides he's willing to make whatever choices he needs to, as long as he can have her. Madeleine, on the other hand, knows she wants to be with him, but she wants the freedom spinsterhood gives so much, that is hard for her to make a choice between the love and the dream of her life.

I cannot believe this is Sara Ramsey's debut. The way and the pace the story flows, the characters' personalities, the heat in the love scenes, I was really amazed. The arguments between the characters were rich. I cannot say how much I really enjoyed this story. I never expected it to be this good. It was so good, I also read book # 2 Scotsmen Prefer Blondes, and that one was even better than this one. I am now anxiously waiting on book # 3. All I can say is, Sara has a witty way with her characters, you'll find yourself falling in love with her writing.

One title to change his life...

A disgraced son with a dark reputation, William “Ferguson” Avenel is content to live in exile – until his father dies in the scandal of the Season. With rumors of insanity swirling around them, his sisters desperately need a chaperone. Ferguson thinks he’s found the most proper woman in England – and he won’t ruin her, even if he secretly desires the passionate woman trapped beneath a spinster’s cap.

One chance to break the rules...

Lady Madeleine Vaillant can’t face her blighted future without making one glorious memory for herself. In disguise, on a London stage, she finds all the adoration she never felt from the ton. But when she’s nearly recognized, she will do anything to hide her identity – even setting up her actress persona as Ferguson’s mistress. She’ll take the pleasure he offers, but Madeleine won’t lose her heart in the bargain.

One season to fall in love...

Every stolen kiss could lead to discovery, and Ferguson’s old enemies are determined to ruin them both. But as their dangerous passion ignites their hearts and threatens their futures, how can an heiress who dreams of freedom deny the duke who demands her love?