In Love with Romance

Bared to You

Bared to You  - Sylvia Day He possessed me and obsessed me...

As soon as I read that on the book cover I knew I had to have this book. It sounds mysteriously dark and sexy, or at least I think so.

I read Bared to You soon after I'd finished reading Fifty Shades of Grey, so it may not have gotten to me as much as Fifty did, regardless I really enjoyed this book. I think, perhaps if I would've waited a little longer to read it I would've enjoyed it even more.

Bared to You, Eva is excited to live in New York. How can she not? The girl has the job of her dreams (she could've gone up the ladder without breaking a sweat... yes, she's got that kind of good connections)and is very happy to work her way up. What she never expects is to come across Gideon, who ROCKS her world literally!

Gideon wastes no time making his intentions known. All he wants is a good time (a good lay really-- yeah, he's that kind of bad boy), and truth be told he can get it from any woman he wants, the thing is his attention zeroes in on Eva. He expects everything, except a BIG FAT NO. That's like a slap on the face, and his chase for Eva begins.

Both Eva and Gideon have serious issues... no not that kind. I mean serious as in... well, I can't say it, but what they have to deal with will make your heart ache. They try to work it out. They want nothing more than to be in each others' arms-- but goodness... how they'll overcome their demons beats me! It really makes me wonder, and think that anyone who conquers a past such as theirs in real life, is a hero.

Despite their differences, the one no fail way to communicate with each other is through mind blowing sex (oh yeah! and how mind blowing that is, let me tell ya).

Now the one thing I thought creepy was the replica of Eva's bedroom at Gideon's place. I thought, girl that is your cue to say "to hell with you". And, no... this is not a spoiler. Note I am not saying why and what happened :)

Gideon is the alpha male everyone who is anything like me, ends up falling for. Oh yes! I can't wait to read more about him in "Reflected in You" (Crossfire #2). How can I not???

This review is also found at: /2012/05/review-bared-to-you.html

Our journey began in fire...

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness—beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...