In Love with Romance

Once Upon a Winter's Eve

Once Upon a Winter's Eve - Tessa Dare After having her heart broken by the boy next door, Violet flees to Spindle Cove; otherwise known as "Spinster Cove". There, not only does her heart heal but she also learns there is more to her and to life, for that matter, than meets the eye.

During her last night at Spindle Cove, the last person she expects to see shows up, literally at her feet.

Christian hasn't forgotten Violet, it irks him having left her in the way he did. He hopes she finds it in her heart to forgive him. In the same vein as he hopes she's still available.

I can't go into much more because I'd spoil it. I loved that their secret agreement worked out the way it did (nope I can't say what that is because if I did I'd be telling the end). I thought this was a nice sequel to A Night to Surrender. For anyone who's read the first book in the series, and wants to know what happens after Susana and Bram, this is a good continuation to that story and an excellent transition to A Week to be Wicked.

This review is also found at: /

Some wallflowers bloom at night...

A Spindle Cove Novella

Violet Winterbottom is a quiet girl. She speaks six languages, but seldom raises her voice. She endured bitter heartbreak in perfect silence. The gentlemen aren't beating down her door.

Until the night of the Spindle Cove Christmas ball, when a mysterious stranger crashes into the ballroom and collapses at Violet's feet. His coarse attire and near-criminal good looks would put any sensible young lady on her guard. He's wet, chilled, bleeding, and speaking in an unfamiliar tongue.

Only Violet understands him. And she knows he's not what he seems.

She has one night to draw forth the secrets of this dangerously handsome rogue. Is he a smuggler? A fugitive? An enemy spy? She needs answers by sunrise, but her captive would rather seduce than confess. To learn his secrets, Violet must reveal hers—and open herself to adventure, passion, and the unthinkable... Love.

Product Warnings
The heroine packs a pistol, the hero curses in multiple languages, and together they steam up a cold winter’s night.