In Love with Romance

True Love

True Love - Jude Deveraux I have many favorite authors but Jude Deveraux is and always will be number one on my list. I fell in love with Jude's writing the first time I read A Knight in Shining Armor. Since, I've read most of her books. I never second guess whenever I pick one of Jude's books because I know I'm in for a nice surprise.

True Love was no different and it made it even better that her drop dead gorgeous Montgomerys and Taggerts are back in the picture. Oh, yes, they are! Those men take my breath away, and she has so many of them.

In True Love, Alix is an architecture student who's inherited the chance to live for one full year at this hunted house in Nantucket. She's been there before but hasn't been back since she was a child. She recently broke up with her boyfriend and this inheritance couldn't have come at a better time. Then again, who in the right mind would not want to spend a year in Nantucket?

To her surprise, the man that's supposed to take care of any house repairs should she have any issues, is none other than Jared Montgomery. *swoons* He just so happens to be the architect she's always admired not only as the architecture genious that he is, but also as a man. Oh, yes, ladies! Alix plans to get the best of her time, especially learn all that she can from Jared and possibly even get a job at his firm back in New York. What she doesn't count on is that Jared doesn't want to teach anyone anything.

Jared wants to leave as soon as Alix gets there. At least, that's what his plan is until he sets eyes on her. Then, he's not sure he wants to leave her all by herself. He doesn't understand why so many secrets have been kept from her, and has a hard time keeping to himself the little bit of the truth he knows-- including the ghost that only he can see and talk to.

Jared is surprised to see Alix knows where everything is in that old house. He recalls her being there with her, playing with her, but doesn't really believe that as a child she could see and talk to his grandfather's ghost.

Their interactions make them see that they're not what they thought of each other before now. And the ghost along with other mysteries bring them even closer, to the point that they fall in love with each other.

I LOVED this story. Any readers who like a little bit of paranormal mixed with centuries old lost love, second chances, and true love would very much enjoy this book. It's not just an enjoyable read. It's a FANTASTIC read.

Jude Deveraux, the New York Times bestselling author of unforgettable romance, returns with a breathtaking first book in a fantastic new series—the Nantucket Brides trilogy. Set on the magical Massachusetts island, True Love introduces characters from a new generation of Montgomery-Taggerts, the beloved family from Deveraux’s classic novels.

Just as Alix Madsen is finishing up architectural school, Adelaide Kingsley dies and wills her, for one year, the use of a charming nineteenth-century Nantucket house. The elderly woman’s relationship to the Madsen family is a mystery to the spirited Alix—fresh from a romantic breakup—but for reasons of her own Alix accepts the quirky bequest, in part because it gives her time to plan her best friend’s storybook wedding.

But unseen forces move behind the scenes, creaking Kingsley House’s ancient floorboards. It seems that Adelaide Kingsley had a rather specific task for Alix: to solve the strange disappearance of one of the Kingsley women, Valentina, more than two hundred years ago. If that wasn’t troubling enough, Alix must deal with the arrogant (and extremely good-looking) architect Jared Montgomery, who is living in the property’s guesthouse.

Unbeknown to Alix, Jared has been charged with looking after her while she lives on the island—an easy task for him, considering the undeniable chemistry between the two. But Jared harbors secrets of his own, which, if revealed, may drive a wedge between the pair.

With a glorious Nantucket wedding on the horizon, sparks fly, and the ghosts of the past begin to reveal themselves—some of them literally. Finding their lives inextricably entwined with the turbulent fortunes of their ancestors, Alix and Jared discover that only by righting the wrongs of the past can they hope to be together.

Wonderful praise for Jude Deveraux

“Deveraux’s colorful cast and easy way with words shine.”—Publishers Weekly, on Scarlet Nights

“Another guilty-pleasure romance of suspense that will hook readers and leave them with a smile.”—Booklist, on Scarlet Nights

“Deveraux has a sure hand evoking plucky heroines, dastardly villains and irresistible heroes. . . . The pace moves quickly and the romance sparks with enough voltage to keep readers turning pages.”—Publishers Weekly, on Days of Gold

“Readers get everything they could want from the consummate storyteller: memorable characters, sharp dialogue and a wonderful story. This is entertainment!”—RT Book Reviews, on Days of Gold

“Likeable characters and satisfying endings . . . make this a memorable read.”—BookPage, on Days of Gold

“Jude Deveraux knows what her readers want . . . quick dialogue, interesting settings, and plot twists . . . She’s brought romance with a touch of class.”—Deseret Morning News, on Lavender Morning