In Love with Romance

Melting Ice

Melting Ice - Nicole Austin I've been reading this SEALs On Fire anthology and from the stories I've read, this is by far my favorite one.

Syndra is ready to call it quits. Her biological clock is ticking, and the man she loves is not the kind of man who'd get married and have kids. At least not while he's still a SEAL.

He's on leave, she doesn't know how long that'd last but she plans to make the best of it. After one more night of mind blowing sex, her one last time with Sam, and she'd break it off. She wants a future and Sam can't give it to her.

Sam knows Syndra is about to break things off, but he prefers to ignore it. If he can only not let her break up with him now, all he needs is a few more months before he can retire and offer her what she wants. The problem is he can never find the words when he's around her.

The sex in this book is darn hot and the characters are very likable.

For a short read, I thought it was pretty good. I guess what helped too was that the characters had known each other for years, and the author did a good job of level setting that up front so it came out an as established relationship.

This was one of those short enough to read at bedtime.

Syndra Banks should be thrilled by an invitation to join SEAL team Arapahoe in Key West for a wild good time. Instead the text summons from Ice pisses her off. Why? Because he calls and she goes running, without fail, every damn time. And now she doesn’t have a choice. If Syn wants to get her personal life moving forward she has to see him again in person to break it off.

Thanks to his smokin’ hot lover, Master Chief Sam Westervelt is losing his edge. Syn is melting the ice that runs in his veins, turning it into a river of molten lust. His discipline is shot and he’s daydreaming about intense, steamy sex while on missions, putting his entire team at risk. But he has a surefire plan all figured out if he can just toe the line a little longer.

Sometimes getting what you want is as simple as reaching out, grabbing hold and not letting go.