In Love with Romance

A Night to Surrender

A Night to Surrender - Tessa Dare A Night to Surrender is absolutely marvelous. This is a story where both the hero and heroine have their own demons to fight. It's a power of wills that unveils a passion that becomes irrevocable love.

Susana Finch suffered the loss of her mother at an early age. She was so depressed, her dad sent her away to live with some relatives with the hope she'd get better then. Only, she didn't. Living with her relatives, away from her dad, did not just scar her emotionally but physically as well.

Since she went back to live with her dad, she's built a world around her. Her intent, whether she recognizes it, is not to let anyone close enough to hurt her. She also makes it her mission, to take care of all the other girls that visit Spindle Cove, and help them see there's more to them than meets the eye.

Bram (Victor Bramwell)is a wounded hero. He suffered an accident that wounded his pride more so than him physically. His sole intent at visiting Spindle Cove is to talk Susana's dad into putting a word for him, so he can get back in the field, doing what he does best; leading a command.

When Bram and Susana meet, power of wills collide, sparks fly, and their love story begins. They're each other's perfect half.

Then, let me not forget about Lord Payne (he's Ryan Gosling's look alike). Lord Payne's middle name is trouble. In the way Bram and Susana made me go, ooooh, aah, aawww, oh, wow....Lord Payne killed me softly with laughter to say the least.

My favorite lines in the book were:
On the 1st page: "You can kiss my great woolly arse."

How Spindle Cove's Tea Shop went from the "Blushing Pansy" to the "Rutting Bull" to the "Bull and Blossom."

I cracked up at Bram's and Susana's exchange about Dinner, the lamb she named.

"Did you know there's a lamb in here?"
"Never mind it. That's dinner."
"Hullo, Dinner. Aren't you a sweet thing?"
"It's not his name, it his...function."

I'm a Tessa Dare fan, and I'm loving it. Tessa has a unique style to story telling, all authors do, but you'd know what I mean if you've read her books. She's TERRIFIC.