In Love with Romance

A Most Dangerous Profession

A Most Dangerous Profession - Karen Hawkins I always enjoy reading Karen Hawkins books. This installment was certainly fun to read. It had laughter, blackmail, spies, a bit of tragedy, sensual tension, it was pretty good.

Moira and Robert once loved each other, but due to their lines of work they were separated. After years of silence, and not knowing what had become of each other, they cross paths again. They're both after the same thing, and lives are at stake. They claim to not want to be around each other, but the spark from years past is still there, tempting them at every turn. Daring them to take a chance. They finally figure out, in order to succeed they must join forces, or no one will get what they need and the lives at stake could be lost.

I liked that the heroine, Moira, always outsmarted everyone that tried to cross her, especially the hero. But once the hero caught up with her and her ways, it was fun to read how she couldn't easily go around him anymore. She still did, but it was harder than before.

I do have to say, it would've been nicer if there had been more of how Robert and Moira had previously met. The story does say so, but their meeting years ago sounds like too much fun to not be in the story. Perhaps it is in a previous book (I may have to search thru my KH's books and see if their first meeting is in one of them.)

Overall I had fun reading this book. It took me longer than expected to read it and that was only because there is something in it that I personally don't like in stories (it kind of breaks it for me); however, in this one it did work out nicely.

"Mysterious, elusive, unforgettable.""The Hurst Amulet continues to lure lovers into peril as "New York Times "bestselling author Karen Hawkins spins her newest scintillating tale of danger and desire."

For beautiful, seductive Moira MacAllister, the stakes have become terrifyingly high. Her daughter has been abducted and a priceless ancient relic is the ransom. Moira must acquire it at any cost, even if it means confronting the man she once duped and left, a man who still doesn't know she has a child . . . and that he is the father.

Robert Hurst, an operative in the king's service, has never forgiven the mysterious spy who seduced him into marriage and then disappeared without a trace. Now, as he pursues the onyx box that will save his brother's life, their paths cross again. But Robert isn't sure which he longs for more--to satisfy his lust for revenge or to quench his relentless hunger for this bewitching woman.

When Moira reveals to Robert her long-kept secret, however, he realizes his burning desires must wait as a treacherous foe closes in, threatening all they hold dear . . . and their second chance at love.