In Love with Romance

Try Me

Try Me - Diane Alberts Best friend's little sister + high school sweetheart + best friends turned enemies... this combo makes this the perfect ever after.

Now, let me add Jeremy, a model look alike U.S. Marine, who's wounded in more ways than one inside out. Aawww, the purrrfect wounded hero. I think Marines never looked this extra hot. (There I said it.)

Then add Erica, she is not the regular type of heroine. Actually, I found myself without words at this heroine. Erica is a heroine like no other, and I'd never read a heroine quite like her. Trust me, this nice twist here makes this book short of AWESOME.

Jeremy is back on leave, having a not so grand a time and that is because in addition to his perfect looks, he's the perfect bad boy every woman wants. He picks the wrong fight and wakes up eating dust in the outskirts of Vegas. Remember The Hangover? Well, the bad news for him is he's got no one else but himself, no car, no water, no phone, and it's freaking hot. He can even die. Out of nowhere a good samaritan stops by to help. Surprise, surprise, the good samaritan is no other than Erica. Erica! Of all people.

Erica is just as stunned as Jeremy is. What are the chances of finding one's high school sweetheart, still single, smoking hot, lusting after you, even when so many long years have passed? Mmm...hmmm, my thoughts exactly.

Erica is wounded the same as Jeremy, inside out, through and through. She's got a secret, and hell will freeze over before she even lets Jeremy in, or anyone for that matter, but especially not Jeremy.

It takes one night, a kiss, a few fights, untold truths, to realize the love they feel for each other is twice as strong as before. They lead very different lives, and must make the right choice.

Jeremy, the smokin' hot bad boy who's trying to be good, made me teary eyed-- he is so marvelously sweet, I swooned! (Not literally, but you know what I mean.) And Emily, I wanted to reach out and tell her everything would be all right. -- When an author causes this kind of reaction in a reader, I say, that is a pretty darn good author, and on this case Diane Alberts delivers and delivers pretty darn good.

What happens in Vegas…can lead to romance.

It took one wild night for Sergeant Jeremy Addison to realize that Vegas? Was a bad idea.

Bloody. Bruised. Dehydrated. Abandoned in the desert, and left to stagger down the road. The only way this leave could get worse was if his savior was his ex-best friend’s sister…and the girl he’d loved since childhood.

The last person Erica expected to find on the roadside was her high school crush. She hadn’t seen Jeremy in seven years—ever since the night he said he loved her, and she ran away. Losing him then had been a mistake, but wanting him now could be catastrophic if he discovered the secret that chased every other man from her life. But with a tall, tattooed Marine determined to prove he’s always been faithful, can Erica resist his advances…or will she surrender ground and give love a try?