In Love with Romance

Too Hot to Handle

Too Hot to Handle - Aleah Barley A sexy read...

Honey is a former car thief, who never admits to thievery. In her eyes, she merely borrows stuff. And what "stuff" that is! She is good at borrowing cars. Not just any car, but freaking beautiful expensive cars. Well, she does admit to have paid her dues already, since she swears she's never hot wired a car, at least not with the intention of stealing it. She thinks somehow her past has caught up with her, someone wants her dead and she barely makes it out of her house alive. Finding nowhere else to go she seeks refuge at Jack's place.

Jack is not a just any detective. Let me tell you, he's got all the moves, the looks... um yeah, he's delish... delish to the eyes and delish in bed... yup, sorry, you'll have to read that and find out for yourself :) Anyway, the last thing he expects is for Honey to walk back into his somewhat ordered and pre-planned life. Why I say pre-planned? He's mom is a witch, and has it all planned out for him, but when Honey re-appears the woman almost has a heart attack.

Jack doesn't know whether to trust Honey, I mean he's the reason why she... tsk, well I can't say what he did because I'd spoil it. Then Honey only goes to him because she doesn't want to put her beloved ones in harm's way. Why she still wants to talk to him after what he did to her, which is the only reason why.... tsk, yes I can't say that either, but suffice it to say if I'd been her I wouldn't have gone looking for his help, nuh-uh.

What I also liked about the story too where the different cities and streets mentioned, I know all of them! Except maybe for the made up one in Malibu lol. The only other thing I wonder is where exactly in the Valley Honey's place was. I'm willing to bet it was right in the border of where the nice part ends and the not so nice begins.

Last, if you liked Gone in Sixty Seconds, then you'd most likely like this book. That's all I'm saying. I thought it was a real sexy read.

She was playing with fire...

Honey Moore has made her pledge: no more stealing cars and no more lusting after Jack Ogden. But when an arsonist torches her house and chases her all over Los Angeles, she’s forced to throw herself on Jack’s mercy. No one will look for a convicted felon in an LAPD detective’s apartment, right?

…and he didn't want to get burned

Jack doesn’t need a woman like Honey in his life. She might be sexy, but trouble follows her everywhere. But it’s hard to walk away from someone who lives at full throttle—and even harder to keep her safe. Now he’ll have to sacrifice everything to protect Honey from the arsonist determined to kill her.