In Love with Romance

Ashes and Wine

Ashes and Wine - Taryn Elliott A captivating, heart breaking, loving story...

Why aren't there more than five stars to ratings? This story deserves no less than 10 stars. Yes, it is that good. It is better than good.

I'm not sure where to start on my review as this story touched me in so many levels and more than one way. Come on, it made me more than teary eyed. I cried like a baby by the time I was finished with it, so there!

Tessa owns her own shop. It is not just any bookstore, her edge is the wine tastings she hosts once a month. Not only does it bring customers, but it brings her drool worthy Royal. If only, he'd care to look her way. Truth be told, he does, but he's really good at covering it up.

Royal looks forward to the monthly wine tastings at Tessa's store. He can send anyone, but that is his only excuse to see her, and there's no way he'd miss it. Like Tessa, he's also got a thing for her. He just doesn't want to act on it, yet. He isn't ready to offer what he knows a relationship with her would require. He'd love to give her everything. The thing is his family is going thru a really hard time, and his focus must remain there. He thinks it would be unfair to start something with Tessa and bring her into the chaos. He wants to give her his undivided attention, yet with everything going on at home, he knows it'd be impossible. He'd feel guilty and selfish in doing so at a time like this. He can barely get by with the stress he's under.

Tessa is willing to take anything he is willing to give. She asks for nothing in return. One night together proves to them both there is much more than just the physical attraction. Royal shuts her down. Tessa is not about to give up without a fight, and that leads her to a great discovery. Tessa tries to help, and later has second thoughts on whether their feelings for each other are truly real.

There are quite a bit of laughs throughout the story (e.g. Mercy and Tessa getting drunk was hilarious). Excellent dialogue. Fab s.e.x. The family ties are so strong, it feels too real, it hits home, and then the end... well, you'll have to find out for yourself.

I could go on and on, in short this is a FANTASTIC story. Saying it's a "must" read doesn't even do it justice. I'd be dissappointed if this story doesn't become a best seller. It DESERVES to be a BEST SELLER.

Dear Taryn,

You left me without words.

Before Tessa met Royal Andreas, her bookstore was on the verge of sinking. And before Tessa met Royal Andreas, she didn't mind being single. But Royal brings in business with monthly wine tastings featuring his family's signature vintages--and brings Tessa's heart to a standstill with intense gray eyes that look on her with nothing but cool indifference.

Yet one searing kiss between the stacks gives Tessa a glimpse of the passion smoldering beneath--and a secret pain further revealed when Royal fills in as the musician at a tasting event. Every note of Spanish guitar tells a story of family tragedy, loss, and ongoing suffering that's made Royal afraid to lean on anyone...even if he needs Tessa's sweet flavor more than the richest wine. Only her strength can save him when his world crumbles to ashes. But has Royal learned trust too late to claim Tessa as his own?