Evie

In Love with Romance

Lord Midnight

Lord Midnight - Donna Cummings This was a 3 1/2 stars for me.

Gabriel seeks revenge. He was wronged and basically kicked out of his own home when he was a lad. Well, both his parents were killed in an "accident" and Gabriel was the sole survivor. His uncle thought he'd killed him too, but destiny had something else in store for Gabriel as he survived. Now Gabriel wants back what is rigthfully his.

Marisa wants to escape marriage to Lord Westbrook, but every time she tries to run away something always happens and she fails. She's on her way to her fiance's home when a gorgeous highwayman stops their carriage. From that moment on, they both fall head over heels for each other. Little does Marisa know the rightful Lord Westbrook is standing right in front of her.

This was a fun story. However, I thought Gabriel in his seduction of Marisa kind of lacked experience, or perhaps I should say, during his seduction he said things that a hero like him shouldn't say. I can't say what he said that made his seduction a bit "meh" for me, because I don't want to spoil it. And Marisa, she was a smart girl, but in some instances she just seemed a bit too childish for her character. Again, overall, it was a good read. It's just for me some the interactions between Gabriel and Marisa left me wishing they'd said or done something else.

Blurb:
GABRIEL DeVAULT, a dashing highwayman, lives to avenge himself against the uncle who stole his title and tried to kill him as a child. One night's robbery yields unexpected riches when his uncle's spirited bride-to-be falls into Gabriel's arms. Now his plans for vengeance include seduction of the innocent miss, in the home that once was his own.

MARISA DUNSMORE is blackmailed into wedding the cold and calculating Edmund DeVault, Lord Westbrook, to protect her beloved aunt. When her attempts to escape the upcoming marriage fail, she turns to the man she knows as Lord Midnight, entrusting him with her love, and her future.

Soon Gabriel must choose: saving the woman who stole his heart, or destroying the man who stole his life.