In Love with Romance

If I Were You

If I Were You - Lisa Renee Jones Oh, my where do I start? I liked this book as much as I liked Fifty Shades of Grey (yes, I'm a fan).

Sara is a High School English teacher, who's in her late twenties and who loves art. The thing is her love for art doesn't pay her bills, and so she's content with her not much but steady teacher's salary-- so long as it means she doesn't have to depend on her father (who happens to be rich, and whom she hates with a passion).

It's summer, school's out. Things are just as expected until her friend Ella elopes to Europe. When she leaves, Ella hands over to Sara the keys to a storage unit she won at an auction, along with a few steamy journals that "allegedly" belong to the woman who lost her storage. Sara doesn't have much choice but to accept, and then a peek into the journals takes her into a world of feelings that, put in words, describe exactly how she feels. Well, she first reads them, and nothing means anything. But curiousity gets the best of her and she decides to look for the owner so she can return everything.

The search for the rightful owner, Rebecca, leads Sara into an untold mystery. Yes! Rebecca is nowhere to be found. Sara uses an art showing as her last venue to find out Rebecca's whereabouts. Except her plan kind of backfires, because Sara lands Rebecca's old job. How's that for a turn of events?

Mark, her new boss, is a really demanding, do as I say, who takes no for an answer, and expects everyone to do his bidding, kind of guy. Sara is enthralled by the future she sees can make her dreams come true, and by her new boss as well. She wants to please him. The thing is Mark may have his own hidden agenda, and Sara has no clue about it.

Soon Sara starts putting the pieces of Rebecca's puzzle together. Mark is rich, powerful, um..., yes...kinky (he owns a place!!! and what kind of place!!!) use your imagination... uh huh, yes. You got it. Oh, yeah, and he's freakishly handsome.

Then there is Chris. He's an artist with a pitch black secret and who happens to fall under Sara's spell, he doesn't know Sara's fallen in his. He tries hard to stay away from her, but as only destiny would have it, attraction wins over. He makes sure Mark knows Sara is not to be touched. That's when he realizes he has to make her his. One taste of her proves to be his undoing.

At first, I didn't know where the story was going, and the pace might have felt a tad slow at times... BUT that is part of the mystery surrounding it. Then when the wall crumbles and the ice melts, nothing can put out the fire between Chris and Sara. Then, I didn't want the book to end.

Chris is this dominating man, who doesn't like to share. He tells Sara so. He asks her to make a choice, the choice being: Chris and Chris only. Imagine that! He likes control, and doesn't appreciate it one bit when Sara tries to take over. This had me screaming: "Give me some more Chris!!!"

Of course Mark is not the kind to stay with his arms crossed, oh no! I wanted to yell at him: "Don't be a jerk! Why did you have to show her that?!" Obviously Chris is not about to put up with Mark's antics if it means keeping Sara. Chris decides to let Sara in his and Mark's big dark secret. Gods, this is where the story gets even better. Sara freaks to say the least, who wouldn't?

Then there is this... um, and then sil... and f...., and the sou... oh gosh and that wh... I NEED BOOKS # 2 AND 3 NOW!!!!!

Fifty Shades of Grey meets Basic Instinct

Book 1: If I Were You
Book 2: Being Me
Book 3: Revealing Us

How it began…

One day I was a high school teacher on summer break, leading a relatively uneventful but happy life. Or so I told myself. Later, I’d question that, as I would question pretty much everything I knew about me, my relationships, and my desires. It all began when my neighbor thrust a key to a storage unit at me. She’d bought it to make extra money after watching some storage auction show. Now she was on her way to the airport to elope with a man she barely knew, and she needed me to clear out the unit before the lease expires.

Soon, I was standing inside a small room that held the intimate details of another woman’s life, feeling uncomfortable, as if I was invading her privacy. Why had she let these items so neatly packed, possessions that she clearly cared about deeply, be lost at an auction? Driven to find out by some unnamed force, I began to dig, to discover this woman’s life, and yes, read her journals—-dark, erotic journals that I had no business reading. Once I started, I couldn’t stop. I read on obsessively, living out fantasies through her words that I’d never dare experience on my own, compelled by the three men in her life, none of whom had names. I read onward until the last terrifying dark entry left me certain that something had happened to this woman. I had to find her and be sure she was okay.
Before long, I was taking her job for the summer at the art gallery, living her life, and she was nowhere to be found. I was becoming someone I didn’t know. I was becoming her.

The dark, passion it becomes…

Now, I am working at a prestigious gallery, where I have always dreamed of being, and I’ve been delivered to the doorstep of several men, all of which I envision as one I’ve read about in the journal. But there is one man that will call to me, that will awaken me in ways I never believed possible. That man is the ruggedly sexy artist, Chris Merit, who wants to paint me. He is rich and famous, and dark in ways I shouldn’t find intriguing, but I do. I so do. I don’t understand why his dark side appeals to me, but the attraction between us is rich with velvety promises of satisfaction. Chris is dark, and so are his desires, but I cannot turn away. He is damaged beneath his confident good looks and need for control, and in some way, I feel he needs me. I need him.

All I know for certain is that he knows me like I don’t even know me, and he says I know him. Still, I keep asking myself — do I know him? Did he know her, the journal writer, and where is she? And why doesn’t it seem to matter anymore? There is just him and me, and the burn for more.